Rubbish and recycling are recurring themes at meetings of the Old Town Community Council. While the City of Edinburgh Council has made improvements, there is still more to do, such as :
- how the Council shares information – Old Town Community Council is in favour of information on all domestic rubbish and information being added to a resident-specific pages, that are accessible from the City of Edinburgh Council homepage. This would be cost-effective for the Council and accessible by most residents. The style of the pages could be similar to the Planing: Weekly/Monthly List pages where yuo can search my Community Council, Ward and Week beginning.
- numbers of rubbish and recycling bins
- labeling on the bins
- the distance residents have to travel to bins and recycling facilities
- making it easier for residents to report concerns
- residents making more use of the £5 per-item bulky-uplift service
Therefore, the Old Town Community Council would be very grateful if you can take about eight minutes to complete this survey about domestic rubbish and recycling
Your feedback will help the Council to improve bin design, collection, location and communications.
Please complete the survey here.